Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vamp Blood Red Lips

With the vampire craze (hopefully on the spiral down might I add) beginning with the famed Twilight Series last year to new books and shows emerging like True Blood, we knew it would impact the fashion world in some way but how? Thankfully not going too Goth.
Instead we've seen the color red for fall take off and now to a more extreme interpretation of the vampire look...we’re seeing these dark bloodstained looking lips. I'm not going to lie I love pops of red within your wardrobe. It can really give life to your outfit (I hear my own irony!). And with this new shade of blackberry I love it on nails. I mean we've all had OPI Lincoln Park After Dark in our drawers for years, but brining it up to the lips really just depends on your skintone. You could easily look very vampiresque if you have more fair skin and if that's the look you're going for then great. My advice, play around with shades from ruby red and scarlet to the darker berry shades. Shades of red and berry on the lips this fall is definitely in and if you're up for the adventure give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis