Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How Much Is Too Much For A Bra?

Every so often, us women require a bra update to the foundation to our wardrobes. I usually spend anywhere between $60-90 on a given bra and am usually very pleased with my purchase. The other day I was out doing my bra shopping and stumbled upon a beautiful Chantelle white and cream lacey bra that is absolutely wonderful: classy & sexy. When I looked at the price tag at first I wasn't even fazed because I was enamored with it's beauty and functionality...the perfect combo! But then I got home and had that immediate sense of was that too much to spend on a bra? The cost: $125 (including tax). I still have it sitting on my chair with price tags and all just pondering if I want to keep it or not. If it was my only purchase that day I would most likely rip the tags off and probably be wearing it today, but that inner voice...I don't know if it's the angel or devil of my conscience keeps saying you bought too much that day and we're in a recession; time to be more conservative with spending. My thoughts in general on shopping is save for 1 nice item instead of constantly buying the knock-off or cheaper versions. In this case, I'm miffed because I was buying all nice things and just feel like I went overboard with the $125 undergarment that is a must have staple, but there are amazing options that are slightly less expensive (i.e. like the other two $65-75 bras I purchased the same day). I'll leave it for today, tags on and still in my possession. I mean if I do return it, odds are I will go back and buy it the next pay period because let's face it I've put a LOT of thought into trying to rationalize me keeping it.

Oh and one last thing...I just have to share my MOST favorite lingerie shop EVER. It's in Greenwich Village, New York but their website is great...very user friendly. I just love in their physcial store how they have all their bras tacked up on screens you can flip through. It feels like flipping through the hanging rugs at Pottery Barn but here it's bra shopping. Either in-store or online, I highly recommend this place. They have great options for all sizes which I know is often hard for many of us! You must check it out if you haven't already!

La Petite Coquette
51 University Place
http://www.thelittleflirt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis