Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gilt...How Can I Count The Way I Love Thee


So I've always been an avid online shopper (I know it sounded like I was going to say something of profound importance...nope shopping which in the eye of the beholder can be of extreme importance). Regardless, I have in recent months been led into a whole new world of online shopping: timed sales. Needless to say that all my friends and I are completely obsessed. It's utterly addictive and these times sales create that instantaneous pressure to buy before your size and the good styles get swept away by other crazed shoppers. In the case of Gilt at 11:05 the best styles can be "In Members Carts" which in so many words means "Good Luck!". So here's my "Top 8 Sale Sites"...8 because these are my current favs and hope to have 2 more to make it a solid 10 soon!

1. Gilt
2. Neiman Marcus "Mid-Day Dash (timed 2-hr sale on reg full price merch)
3. Rue LaLa (http://www.ruelala.com/invite/lfournier109)
4. Hautelook
5. Editor's Closet
6. Ideeli
7. Salemail
8. The Outnet (not timed, but fab deals. It's Net-a-porters sale site)

Just a quick shout out because a few of these sites a few wonderful friends recommended to me. I'm happy to invite anyone who's not a member at the member-type of sites. There is a slight incentive for me if you make a purchase, so it's not entirely altruistic. And if you know of any other great sites I would love to look into them too!

4 comments:

  1. Try Shop It To Me! You pick the brands you like and your size and they will send you weekly or daily emails of new items that go on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't shop it to me the same as salemail? Maybe SITM is the real name and Salemail is just what shows up in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone tried Gilt Fuse? Is it just an edgier version of Gilt? Kind of confused why they launched it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you're right, just noticed that, ha! Shop It To Me is the name of the website and it appears as "Salemail" in your inbox.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis