Friday, January 15, 2010

Target (pronounced tarz-shay): Who's Next Up to Bat from the High-End Designers?

What's better than getting designer duds on the cheap? Not much unless you paid full retail for the designers clothes and weeks later you see similar looking styles they're designing for places like Target on the cheap. Of course, the quality and fabric can't be matched to the designers high-end line, but it looks pretty darn close to the naked eye. This happened to me this week when I was wearing a new Rag & Bone shirt the same day I found out they were doing a line for Target, which I was super excited about, but then did a little research and saw a photo of some styles, one of which looked identical to my top only it was a fraction of the price. I'm not saying I don't love our fav designers creating affordable looks for mega-retailers such as Target, I'm just saying I wish it didn't make you feel so ripped off in the process. There needs to be some sort of noticeable difference between the high and low end merchandise, right? Because otherwise what's the point in ever paying full retail?

Enough ranting, and back to the good news, for those of you who were able to grab some Rodarte congrats because there were definitely some super cute styles....my roomie bought an adorable lacey print dress ($34.99) and I got an awesome new swimsuit ($16.99 top/bottom), which I'm in the process of getting the bod back in shape for! Next up to bat will be Rag & Bone, which should be out sometime next month and following will be Zac Posen in April. Kind of excited to see what the Posen line will come up with! Imagining some florals and adventurous looks for spring!

Happy shopping...on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis