Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Let's talk about Keds, baby.

If you were like me at age 5, you wore your Keds 7 days a week. I had practically a new pair for every day of the week; white, puff paint white (I would always get in trouble for putting my nail through that puff paint, anyone?), red x like 5 (LOVED my red ones), pink, and black canvas. Keds were the staple of kindergarden. To all the kinder-hearted they're baaaaack! I'm sure you've seen them over the past year or so at Urban (kock-offs here though) and even last spring Barney's was carrying a limited edition line, but now Keds is offering a new option: design your own! Yes, you heard me correctly! By choosing from over 16 colors, 5 prints, 4 stripes, uploading your own image, adding your own text and on top of that there's literally 14 different parts of the shoe that you can customize from the stitching to the sole. You can make your kicks as intricate or as simple as you please. Did I mention that after all that hard work you have the option to either buy your creations or post them to sell? Definitely worth checking out and for only around 60 bones!


As far as styling goes, I love keds with little small print dresses, cigarette jeans, shorts (jorts in particular for ol' times sake), etc. Just look at the "real" pictures posted on the Keds site for inspiration or even the next Urban catalog and I'm sure you can pair your custom keds with anything in there to get a cool hipster-type of outfit going on.

1 comment:

  1. I too LOVE my keds!! Been wearing them for 40 years.!! I like to wear mine with jeans and cargo shorts.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis